Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I See...

I know, I know... another f'n design blog-- I can't imagine the world really needs another. But, for the first time in years I feel inspired to do it. After a recent trip to ComicCon I realized that I am a huge fan... not of comics or any of the fan boy culture per say, but of all things visual. In particular PRINT. Love it... big, small, old, new, on a shirt or on a wall, just love the smell of ink on paper. I stuffed my bag full of everything I could find, posters, brochures, cards, buttons, stickers! When I got back to the hotel room and dumped everything on the floor I realized I'm a junkie-- I'm addicted to graphic design.

I design every day, have done so since the mid 80's and I have a strong opinion. I get paid for my opinion, and for that I consider myself lucky. More about what I do later....

It all started with this. Circa 1976, third grade and my career path was laid out in front of me. I was either going to be rock star or the guy who paints the album covers....

No comments:

Post a Comment